Monday, April 8, 2013

Waiting out the winter

Things are heating up on the steppe. By heating up, I mean it's gone from just below freezing to just above freezing with freezing winds. I'm finishing up my next novel, Endless Knots, and happened to stumble upon some old Mongolian short fiction books printed before the switch over to democracy.

Nice to read from a real book again. Most the reading I've done over the past two years has been on a Kindle and I forget what real paper feels like. I like the Kindle format, especially for note taking and looking up words, but real paper reminds me of why I started writing in the first place.

Summer is on the way, which means I need to figure out my residency status for next year. Mongolia one more year, then New York. After that I'm retiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment