Sunday, March 13, 2011

Moving, releasing a novel, preparing to travel, and getting ready for SXSW

WOW!

Time has been flying faster than a hummingbird. In the last two days I have distributed nearly 600 fliers advertising Armageddon Skills, and have particularly focused on the SXSW interactive crowd down in the convention center area. In fact, I will be there again tomorrow "strategically" placing fliers in places that I hope will catch someone's eye. I have also been moving my stuff out to a family house in Bastrop, which has taken about 4 trips as I have quite a large collection of bulky instruments: one sitar, 1 electric guitar, 1 acoustic electric, 2 unique acoustic guitars, 1 ektare, 1 dulcimer, 1 autoharp, 1 box of various percussion instruments and nepali instruments, 1 mandolin, a box full of drums, 1 Brazilian instrument which name currently is escaping me, and 1 juno keyboard. Needless to say...I could not fit all of this in my Honda Civic! The sitar alone stretches across the entire backseat and makes it nearly impossible to transport anything else.

I leave for Germany followed by India in one week, where I plan to finish my second novel (Honey Dripping from the Barrel of a Gun) and put a large chunk in my third novel (The Life and Times of a Blue Rubberband). And then there is SXSW, an excuse to try and attend as many free things as one can and hopefully see something rare in the process! So here is to the future, to chance and to opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment